Eligible criterias in each category
(Submissions in this category are free)
The award for Best Debut recognizes the very first game released by a new Danish team or individual.
- Any game released in 2020 - so long this is the first released game project for your development studio under that specific development studio CVR/VAT no. and/or team-name.
- Please note, focus is on the development team - so please enter the development team, and not the publisher.
- An experienced team under a new studio name is eligible, but the goal is to highlight new teams when possible.
The award for Best Visuals goes to the most coherent, expressive and all out best visual design in a Danish game.
- Any game released in 2020, with any type of visuals can submit in this category, regardless of the platform your game is released on.
The award for Best Audio goes to the most coherent, expressive and all out best audio experience in a Danish game.
- Any game released in 2020, with any type of audio can submit in this category, regardless of the platform your game is released on.
BEST GAME DESIGN
The award for Best Game Design goes to the most coherent, expressive and all out best game design in a Danish game.
- Any game released in 2020, with any type of game design can submit in this category, regardless of the platform your game is released on.
For excellence in the creation of story or narrative that captivates and engages the player. Games that go beyond telling a story with words or voice acting are also eligible.
- Any game released in 2020, with any type of story or narrative can submit in this category, regardless of the platform your game is released on.
BEST LIVE GAME
For the game that has managed to evolve, engage, connect, and excite their players through updates, events and operational excellence. This includes delivering ongoing content and updates that provide audience growth while also engaging existing players to keep coming back for more.
- Any game that has been live (widely available) for more than 12 months by end of 2020 - and received significant updates in 2020 can submit in this category, regardless of the platform your game is released on.
- Example #1 Eligible: If the game was released summer 2019 and had a major content update summer 2020
Example #2: Eligible: In Early Access since 2018 (and still is), but had a significant update January 2020 - but is still not released.
- Example #3: Not eligible: Released January 2020 and had a major christmas update December 2020. (released in the same year)
- Eligible games include online games (both asynchronous and real time), GaaS, free-to-play games, and other games that are being maintained with ongoing new content or features.
- This category has an emphasis on providing value to players through maintaining and updating, so make sure to mention if any of your updates were particularly successful or noteworthy.
- This category allows for Early Access games as they can run live-ops for years before being released
BEST EMERGENT EXPERIENCE
(Submissions in this category are free)
For the game and play experiences that doesn't fit in any of the traditional boxes that are trying out new waters, platforms and formats.
If your game does not work without additional setup or installation, please submit a video that clearly demonstrates the design and ideas behind the game. We might ask for a live demo if possible.
- Any game, playful installation, or experimental game experience that has been released in 2020 can submit in this category.
- The experience must have been publicly available, such as a store, online, museum or gallery.
- Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Mixed Reality
- Art and museum installations
- Instant Games (e.g. HTML5 games distributed on a secondary app-store platform)
- Physical-driven play, e.g. through connected toys
- Traditional PC, mobile apps and console titles are generally not considered emergent - however if the experience doesn’t fit any other categories and is doing something new, it is most likely eligible for this.
BEST KIDS GAME
For the game that really captures the magic of children's imagination and wonder.
We encourage games in this category to also submit in other categories too.
Any game released in 2020 primarily targeting kids 12 and under.
GAME OF THE YEAR
(Not possible to submit in this category)
The Game of the year is chosen by the jury.